Presbyterian Clearwater Forest, Inc. is a ministry of Christ called:
- To provide faith-building Christian programming
- To provide effective facilities and services to support conferencing
- To nurture active Christian community
- To be the faithful steward of God’s creation at Clearwater Forest
Changing Lives in God’s Woods and Waters
Executive Director of Clearwater Forest
The purpose of this position is to provide excellence in management, vision, leadership, and evaluation of and for Clearwater Forest.
The Executive Director is employed by and responsible to the Board of Directors through its Personnel Committee. An annual review of performance and compensation will be conducted by the Board of Directors through its Personnel Committee.
- Commitment to an understanding of camping as an extension of church and presbytery ministry.
- Ability to interpret the role of environmental stewardship in the life of the Church.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership position in Christian Education or camping ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree with preference to education in the fields of outdoor education/recreation, Christian Education, and/or Business administration to nurture active Christian community.
- Committed to and familiar with Presbyterian polity.
- Experience in supervisory position (two years minimum).
V. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Personal faith that is exemplified through a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Visionary thinker who can assist the Board of Directors in the discovery of tomorrow’s world of faith formation in a camp and retreat setting.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in dealing with competing expectations.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors in the discovery of what the next chapter of growth will be for Clearwater Forest.
- Communicate clearly with all staff the vision of the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Develop a vision of environmental stewardship and share it with all who relate to Clearwater Forest.
- Explore new avenues of week-day use for Clearwater Forest.
- Develop a plan for appropriate use of social media to support Clearwater Forest.
- Supervise, manage, mentor, and train all staff in the accomplishment of excellent communication vital to a strong team.
- Oversee the planning, creating, and training for all program needs.
- Oversee with appropriate staff the recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of summer staff.
- Foster high staff morale.
- Develop the ways and means for realizing the fulfillment of a shared vision with the Board of Directors.
- Attend meetings of all ownership partners at least once a year with a visible/audible presence.
- Attend and be active in appropriate conferences, seminars, and all Presbyterian related camp and conference organizations.
- Foster a relationship of trust and communication with potential donors, and solicit donations.
- Foster relationships with pastors and leaders of all congregations that are significant users of Clearwater Forest.
- Explore potential grant writing avenues.
- Oversee Clearwater Forest property and facilities.
- Produce a marketing plan that communicates Clearwater Forest’s message.
- Develop and manage an annual budget of approximately $600,000.
- Develop a three season part-time adventure support staff.
- Develop a plan for hosting all groups using Clearwater Forest.
- Maintain accreditation and membership in appropriate organizations.
- Oversee all purchases and human resources
- Conduct regular/annual performance reviews of all staff with personnel committee representation.
- Oversee the annual evaluation of all programs.
- The Executive Director may be asked to perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
- On- site housing optional
- Cash salary commensurate with qualifications
- Full Board of Pensions benefits
- Four weeks’ vacation during months of September – April
- One week of Continuing Education plus expenses.