2022 COVID Protocol updates coming soon in response to updated CDC guidance
Updated on 4/29/22
We are currently planning to have a full summer of camp! We will be implementing CDC guidelines and are working hard to create a safe environment that is also fun and developmental for our campers.
Here are some of the changes you will notice at camp:
Cohorting with Cabin Groups of 10 or Less
- Much in the way that many schools are operating successfully this year, campers will be a part of groups at camp. Thankfully much of our programming is already set up to be successful with this model.
- Each group will move through the day together. This means that camper’s choice will evolve into group choice for activities.
- Groups will also eat together.
- We will work hard to have all of our meals outside under tents this summer.
- For inclement weather we will eat in shifts, spread out in the newly renovated dining hall.
Increased Budget for Health and Safety
- We are allocating increased funds in our budget to cover additional medical staff and supplies, as well as cleaning and sanitizing staff, supplies and services.
There are many things we’re still working on for this summer that we will inform you about in the coming months:
- Pre-camp procedures, and testing requirements and routines
- Arrival and departure day procedures
- Health Center procedures and medication distribution.
- What all-camp games will look like
- Getting sanitization stations around camp for ease of frequent handwashing
- Developing creative plans for staff time off, since for safety reasons they will be required to stay in Camp during their time off
We realize that the summer of 2021 will bring some significant changes to camp in order to ensure everyone’s safety. At the same time, we are sure that there will be new activities and new ways of thinking that will become favorites for your campers and a great addition to how we run camp. We will be working hard to check in with each camper and group often, making small adjustments when necessary to help everyone have the summer of a lifetime.
We can’t thank you enough for your support, understanding, and flexibility as we move together through this new experience. We will continue to keep you posted as things evolve and/or become finalized.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please know that we’re here and happy to talk. Feel free to reach out to Megan Young-Back (Vice President, Program Team Chair, and COVID-19 Taskforce of the Board of Directors) at email@example.com.